In the boldly dynamic FLOW timepieces, HYT takes the craftsmanship of mechanical watchmaking into a new age of enlightenment. Mechanics replace electronics as the unexpected catalyst of illumination, with a proprietary new complication generating light on demand. The resultant rays exercise their technically-sourced brilliance to reflect the energized momentum of current times.
It’s good to know where light comes from; it’s better to know where it leads.
HYT’s FLOW watches mirror the brand’s relentless quest to bring innovation that resonates with its contemporary context. Literally speaking, light brightens what already exists; figuratively it brings deeper understanding. The latter describes these timepieces’ purpose in the watchmaking arena. They are about the possibilities that emerge when performance enters new territories. Triggered by a pusher, a specially developed micro-generator stores and dispels the energy to activate 8 or 13 meticulously positioned LEDs, according to the version. These then visibly spread light evenly across the dial, mimicking a natural wave. Element by element, the illumination reveals the various “stories” that make up the piece’s time-telling capacity, never allowing us to lose sight of time’s unstoppable flow.
Two variations on the FLOW theme, both limited editions, play very different games with the emitted light.
On one, a dome of 73 baguette-cut 1.7-carat diamonds dances spectacularly to rhythms derived from the 13 LEDs below it. Just as time’s flow is constant, this unique horological light show is a theatre for continual, energized change uniting jewelry and light thanks to the dynamic reflection and refraction. Innovation meets beauty and quite literally dances the night away.
Another execution addresses the concept of infinity through a precisely tapered vortex shape. Here the imagination is invited to visualize a revolving, apparently never-ending flow down towards the bellows, as a side-aperture welcomes the light emitted by 8 LEDs. The limitlessness of infinity fits neatly into the focus on time’s inevitable transience.
In the HYT FLOW, opposites do far more than attract – they form a rich source of design energy. An apparently contradictory combination of liquid and electric light set the scene; the bold asymmetrical shape of the 51 mm case and vibrant color choices pick up the thread. A visual wave sweeps around its side, reminding that stopping time’s momentum is never an option. This well-considered curve tempts the eye to explore new perspectives on time, a vital element of modern life.
A ring of Super-LumiNova® documents the antithesis of night and day. Polished accents on the circular-brushed case underline specific elements such as bezel angles. This is an appropriate overture to the three-dimensional character of the opaline-finished grey dials, where “metallic” and “velvety” sit together comfortably in the descriptive dictionary. Sophisticated electro-erosion adds a further signature to the theme of tension with its use of electric current to physically cut out strips of metal to obtain the wave illusion. The high-energy appearance of the dials’ backgrounds contrasts with the calmer, more minimalistic time indication. Concave and convex surfaces tease each other, as the eye peeps behind the waves to catch a glimpse of the intriguing mechanical mechanism below.
It’s flow time. 24/7.
- Blue fluidic hours
- Minutes, seconds, power reserve
- Stainless steel, satin finishes
- Diameter: 51mm
- Height: 20.6mm
- Stainless steel crown
- Stainless steel light module push-button crown
- Domed sapphire crystal
- Screwed case-back, sapphire crystal, “one of twenty-five” print
- Water-resistant to 30 meters
- Borosilicate glass capillary tube, nano-coating interior
- Multi-layer metal bellows
- Two immiscible liquids; one transparent, the other one colored with a highly resistant dye
- Thermal compensator with dedicated bellow and specific liquid
- High-tech ceramic fluidic restrictors
- Mechanical with manual winding, exclusive caliber
- 28,800 Vph, 4 Hz, 35 jewels
- Rhodium thinly-sandblasted bridges
- 65-hour power reserve
- Transmission between movement and fluidic module by conversion of rotation into linear movement using a cam-follower system
- Isostatic connection of the fluidic system guaranteed by a trident
- Winding function using the push-button crown
- Light activated by pressing the push-button crown. 2 seconds of illumination per single pressions (up to 4 pressions before rewinding the crown) or minimum 8 seconds of illumination if push-button continually pressed.
- Dome set with baguette-cut diamonds lit by 13 LEDs located under the dome and powered directly by a micro-generator
- Rhodium opaline openwork dial
- Brushed hour counter, anthracite numerals, circular thread with white Super-LumiNova®
- White Super-LumiNova® rail under the capillary
- Dome invisibly set with 73 baguette-cut diamonds, 1.7ct
- Brushed minute counter, anthracite index, circular thread with white Super-LumiNova®, rhodium satin minute hand with Super-LumiNova®
- Orange openwork seconds disc
- Power reserve indicator, orange hand
Orange rubber, titanium folding buckle
H02464; Limited edition 25 pieces